From 23rd to 25th November 2016, the 9th International Scientific and Expert Conference ’Student Encountering Science’ – StES 2016 was held in Banja Luka, organised by the Students’ Parliament of the University of Banja Luka.
At the conference, there were more than 200 participants from 16 countries: Russia, China, the USA, India, Great Britain, Turkey, Spain, France, Germany, Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Conference opening ceremony was organised at the Faculty of Political Sciences, the University of Banja Luka.
The record number of 135 scientific papers from all scientific fields was presented at the conference. The working part of the conference started with the plenary speech given by Prof. Jasmin Komić, with the programme continuing in six parallel sessions, each for a different scientific field.
The aforementioned conference, organised for the ninth year in a row with the aim of presenting and promoting scientific and professional achievements of students, exchanging opinions, but also connecting students from different universities, managed to fulfill the expectations completely.
The conference was closed with the ceremony of giving awards to the most successful students, as well as acknowledgements, and of giving certificates to the participants of the gathering.
The awards were given to the following students:
- Mr Amrudin Alagić, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Banja Luka (agriculture)
- Mr Nedeljko Đogo, Faculty of Medicine, University of Banja Luka (medicine)
- Mr Amel Emkić, Faculty of Engineering and Geodesy, University of Ljubljana (engineering and technology)
- Ms Aleksandra Savić, Faculty of Philology, University of Banja Luka (humanities)
- Ms Nataša Sladojević and Ms Vedrana Došen, Faculty of Science, University of Banja Luka, and Ms Nataša Lukić, Faculty of Science, University of Novi Sad (science)
- Ms Danijela Vuletić, Institute of Economics, Academy of Science, the Czech Republic, and Ms Ljubica Kaurin, Faculty of Law, University of Banja Luka (social sciences).
The sponsors of the conference, which is held this year under the slogan ‘Today’s science is the technology of future’, are the Ministry of Education and Culture and the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Srpska.