The AISTS offers two athletes the opportunity to study the Master of Advanced Studies in Sports Administration and Technology (AISTS MSA) through a scholarship. There will be two scholarships available for 2013.
In many sports, international elite athletes struggle to secure the financial support they need to take up further education to be able to start a new professional life at the end of their sporting career.
Athletes are most welcome at the AISTS MSA programme since they bring to the class, their unique experience as professional or semi-professional athlete. Also, sport organizations are very interested in welcoming such individuals during and after the AISTS MSA programme. Sport federations, the International Olympic Committee, National Olympic Committees, sport event organizers, sport marketing agencies, all benefit greatly from the collaboration with such unique individuals as they combine their exceptional sporting experience with their higher education in sport management provided by the AISTS MSA.
Each AISTS Athlete Scholarship has a value of 12,800CHF and will go towards payment of the course fee of CHF 25,600 for the 2013 edition starting in January 2013. There are two scholarships available.
To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must fulfill the following application requirements:
• Successful application and selection for the AISTS MSA 2013. Click here for more information about the entry requirements of the programme and how to apply.
• Possess a university degree
• Be in a situation of financial need
• Be a current or former athlete at an international level, ie, participation to Olympic Games, World championships, Universiades or any other major international competitions
IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP, YOU MUST FILL OUT THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM IN WHICH YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
1) A motivation letter for the AISTS Athlete Scholarship (1 to 2 pages). This letter must be different to the motivation letter submitted with your application to the AISTS MSA.
2) Evidence of financial need (ie, bank statement)
3) Evidence of sporting career and results, including World ranking in disciplines.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 15 AUGUST 2012
Important: Please note that the online application process cannot be paused and continued at a later stage. Therefore you will need to ensure that you have all of the supporting documents ready for submission when starting the online application process.
More information on http://www.aists.org/athletescholarship/